I absolutely love seafood. I just hate how complicated it can be to clean and prep before cooking, however, I made this pasta with pre-prepared tubs of Orkney crab meat. You can go to the fishmonger and get them to do it all for you, however, it will cost you A LOT more for a lot less and the flavour will be the same.
Another thing that will also put a lot of people off is the stigma that all seafood dishes are way too fishy. Not true. Especially in this pasta the lemon zest and juice really work well with the flavour of the crab and they uplift the dish as well as toning down the ‘fishiness’.
All in all, this is definitely a dish that I will be making again and again…and again.
- 450g Tagliatelle
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tubs Scottish White & Brown Orkney Crab Meat
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 100g Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Fish Stock Pot
- 100ml Warm water
- 1 Lemon (juice & zest)
- 1 Tsp Gourmet Garden Corriander
- 1 Tsp Gourmet Garden Red Chilli
- Handful chopped Parsley
- Handful chopped Dill
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions. Finely chop the onion and the herbs. Zest and juice the lemon, and make up the fish stock.
- To a heated pan add the olive oil and add the onion. Saute the onions until translucent (4-5 mins) and using a garlic press mince the garlic into the onion.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, chili and zest. Stir into the onion thoroughly and cook for 3 mins. Add the Crab and a few more sprays of the FryLight. Cook for another 3 mins.
- Add stock and half of chopped herbs. Season to taste.
- Drain pasta and add immediately to the crab pan. Toss the pasta and crab together.
- Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with the leftover fresh herbs.